Mugen Seiki Europe kündigt sein neues OffRoad Flaggschiffe den MBX8 an. Der MBX8 soll viel zu bieten haben, er soll Leichter und Langlebiger sein, mehr Beschleunigung und mehr Laufzeit bieten, einfacher bei Wartungsarbeiten zu bearbeiten sein. Bereits Ende Januar soll das neue Flaggschiff der Japaner in die Shops kommen um damit pünktlich zur neuen Rennsaison an den Start zu gehen.
Here´s a look at some of the new features for the Mugen Seiki MBX8.
- The MBX8 chassis features a new design that improves traction and stability in bumpy conditions and on the exit of corners. The steering post are also keyed into the MBX8 chassis for easier maintenance.
Differential and drivetrain:
- High Traction Differentials are included in the MBX8. The Mugen Seiki HTD provides increased acceleration, longer runtime, and more consistent handling. The HTD´s also increase stability, traction, and improve handling in bumpy conditions. The HTD has a new larger volume diff cup to increase consistency during long main events. This makes it easier to time rhythm sections better in bumpy and low grip conditions, helps to increase traction, and increases fuel mileage.
- New straight cut 13T bevel gear and 44T conical gear.
The new straight cut bevel and conical gears increase acceleration, runtime, and efficiency. A free and efficient drivetrain will also increase speeds while cornering.
Lightweight one-piece wing mount:
- The new lightweight one-piece wing mount lower the center of gravity. The position of the wing and wing mount is optimized to improve the performance of vehicle. The height of the wing mount is adjustable. This allows you to control the down force on the rear of the vehicle by simply raising or lowering the mount on the shock tower.
Lightweight high down-force wing:
- The new IFMAR legal wing is lightweight and provides amazing down force and cornering. The underside of the wing uses a new design to reduced weight and creates additional down-force.
-New suspension mounts. The FF/FR/RF/RR are new for the MBX8. -New front and rear gearbox.
The new gearbox makes allows you to remove and service the differentials without detaching the suspension arm mounts. Easy access to the front and rear differential. -New box-shaped suspension arms and arm stiffeners.
The front and rear lower arms use a new impact resistant material for increased durability. The new arms are box-shaped and include arm stiffeners to reduce flex and increase durability. Adjusting the hardness of the lower suspension arms is now possible. This allows you to fine tune the steering and traction from track to track. CFRP plates will be released as an option part.
Center differential mount & plate:
-The center differential mounts use a stiffer material and has a new top plate to reduce chassis flex and increases clutch bell, spur gear, and clutch bearing life. The reduced chassis flex also provides more consistent handling in all conditions. The top plate design also makes it easier to adjust the brakes and easier maintenance. Enclosed Battery box and updated carbon fiber radio plate.
-The MBX8 still uses a flat 2S lipo or Life battery, but the receiver battery is now enclosed in a molded battery box. The battery box allows for quick and easy access to the battery. The molded box also helps protect the battery from hard impacts. The battery box is mounted to an updated carbon fiber radio plate.
Other new parts and upgrades:
Body, Clamping Servo Saver Nut, F/R Shock Towers, Front bumper, Front center and rear center universal joint.